How To Be Comfy - my token "improving myself" book. I first came across these authors via Speed Cleaning and loved it. This book takes it to the next level and I have learnt so much from this book, lots of dog-eared pages for me to go back to. This book will be put back on the shelf as a very handy reference and I am sure it is contributing to my major nesting phase at the moment, where I am deep cleaning the Penthouse making it as "homely" as possible. I can highly recommend this book to anyone. It is also perfect for reading just before going to sleep as your brain just switches off from information overload after just a few pages.
Sex And The City . Being an avid fan of the show, where I can relate nearly everything in my life to a SATC episode as well as being able to verbally repeat half the scripts, I thought it was about time I finally got around to reading the book. I couldn't be more disappointed, it is nothing at all like the show. I understand it is a collection of Bushnell's column etc, but I am finding it very shallow, I like my chick lit with just a little more substance in it. I am surprised though because I recently finished Bushnell's One Fifth Avenue, and enjoyed that (although it did get a little tedious in the middle) and I hate to say this, but she has come a long way with her writing, because I don't think much of this book at all.
The Lucy Family Alphabet - In the process of editing my own work at the moment, I always have a memoir going so that I can study it to see what makes it good and what makes it bad and adjust my own accordingly. I am only just into this one at the moment and so far so good. Very funny (as to be expected) and makes you realise your upbringing was totally normal. For me personally it has shown me that I have have way to much internal dialogue and need to get more action into my work. So far I would recommend this book.
So there you have it, that is what I am reading now. Along with a selection of magazines and lots of wonderful blogs.


4 comments:
ohmygoodness. I totally agree. I was so disappointed in SATC the book. The characters felt so one-dimensional and kind of inane, don't you think? I always have a 'instructional / educational' book on the go too. I'm on a permanent quest for self-improvement!
I have been wanting to read Speed Cleaning and How to Be Comfy for ages. Thank you for resparking my interest in these books!!
I LOVE how to be comfy. A fabulous friend of mine gave me that book as a house-warming present. Useful in all situations :)
How freaky, I have how to be comfy too :P I haven't read it yet though but I do have Shannon Lush's other book - Spotless on all her cleaning tips which is really usefull.
Oh I'm glad you told us about the Sex and the City book also - I wanted to buy the book but wont bother now.
I love love love sex and the city. I wish I could be them for a day. It's a bit sad that that show has made me dream of going to New York :)
Post a Comment