Monday, November 2, 2009

Hello



Comments. Having a blog is really putting yourself out there. Leaving comments I think is even harder. It took me a long time before I started leaving comments on other people's blogs. At first I would leave one sentence, hit post and then closed down their blog as soon as I could. I just couldn't look. It wasn't just my thoughts "out there", it was my thoughts - at someone. I would stress about what to say, does this sound funny? Or could it come across as rude? Have I just said what someone else said with different adjectives? Have I said enough? Or too much? And sometimes I would put myself out there over and over and get nothing in return. Did I say the wrong thing? Am I not meant to read this persons blog?

Fortunately I just got over that and wrote the first thing that came to mind. That, and 80% of my blog time is spent at work so I don't have time to stress about what I write. Anyway, I don't often come back to read comments on something I have already commented on (due to time). But I know many people do come back to read the follow on comments. I notice that some bloggers comment on the comments and I think that is nice, makes it more personal.

I haven't done that, but after much thought I have decided I will from now on. I read all the comments that are left, and greatly appreciated them (I am still amazed that people actually read my blog). I know a few people have de-lurked through a comment and it would just be nice to say "hello and welcome".

I never expect anyone to read let alone comment, but the fact that you do, leaves me shocked, but also very appreciative and grateful. So again, Thank You, Welcome and of course, Hello.

Image: Flickr

6 comments:

Fifi said...

Hello! he he I really enjoy the interaction in my comments section. I try to reply to every comment. Sometimes the comments section is where all the action happens and the hidden truth's come out! I've made some great friend through replying to comments and others replying to my comments. It's become the most enjoyable part of blogging :o)

PS..my comments are usually too long as well!

Chantel said...

Hello :)

What a lovely post Elissa.

Thank YOU for sharing your life and thoughts with us x

Anonymous said...

I was the same, I probably read a lot of blogs for about a year without commenting and there are still a lot of blogs that I don't comment on. It is a strange little world isn't it.

Chatterbox said...

I agree on my initial hesitation and the feeling of being totally blank when it came to commenting on others works. But over the days as I read more and more blogs and how other people comment and share their views I got inspired to leave my inhibitions behind.

I try to comment as often I can and I do often follow comments made on the posts I've shared my views on.

Thanks for sharing your views Elissa.

Cheers!!

A Healthier Happier Me said...

HI Elissa,

I am the de lurker today, I have just started reading your blog.

I also live on the Central Coast, if you need any help with job hunting here, let me know... it's my job too...

Cheers

Jac

Elissa said...

Hi Frankie! I have noticed that as well with your blog, I was stalking your posts and your comments and a lot does get said!

Hi Chantel - Thank you very much, and I hope life is not quite so busy for you anymore

Hi Alicia - I agree, there are still blogs I read all the time but don't comment on, I just have no idea why

Hi Chatterbox - I think you are right, I look more now at how others comment and it gives me the courage to just join in.

Hi Jac - Welcome! Thanks for de lurking today! Do you blog yourself? I would love if you could help me find a job up there.
If you would like you can email me at:
elissaisachievingherdreams@hotmail.com At the moment my only source is seek but there never seems to be much there. The Boy thinks most people use the local paper which I try to get a hold of without much luck.