
I am feeling a lot better about myself now. Have managed to get back on track and this time I actually wrote everything out on paper and have put it on the fridge. Having my goals and plans stored in my head and hoping for the best was clearly not working for me. I knew this all along, but what can I say, the rut made me lazy and laziness is a little hard to shake off.
But I have news. No I am not pregnant, no I am not engaged, and no I did not wake up to find a large pile of money next to my bed :( I did however discover that I was accepted into university! YAY!!!!
I could not be happier! I am doing this through UNE as a distance student, and will only have to head up to Armidale a couple of weeks a year for the prac work (which is a bonus because Armidale is one of my favourite places).
The Boy and I talked a lot last night and we have decided that next year I will only be doing one subject a semester, and see how that goes, it has been a while since I studied so I want to ease back into it. That and I also need to still work full time, so it will take me a very long time to graduate, but I don't care how long it takes, I am finally doing what I am supposed to do! I am so excited I have printed off every single page of all the units I can choose from and will study those in great detail this weekend. Yes I am such a nerd but I just embrace that! The only problem is, what am I going to do until Feb next year? I think the answer is enjoy all the free time I have now and live life to the fullest, cos once I start I'll be working, studying, having dinner and probably more study. But for now it is time to celebrate and enjoy this moment and use it to spur me on to achieve even more.
Image: Flickr


6 comments:
Congratulations!! (and umm..yeah..enjoy that free time NOW LOL)
Congratulations that is excellent news! And yes definitely enjoy your free time while you still have it :)
Congratulations! That's such good news. I want to do that too, go back to uni and study psychology one day, distance like you. Keep the dream alive!
Awesome news!! I am so excited for you! Maybe we could do some study sessions?!
Thank you! I feel like I am 18 again finding out I got into uni the first time around!
Mrs P - go for it! I am only doing one subject a semester which will take forever, but at least I don't have to give up my life
Thanks Kit - I'll book you in for next year!
Oh Congratulations Elissa!! We all had no doubt you'd be in mate! ;)
I think one semester at a time is a good thing, especially working full time - I like your thinking.
I like putting things on the fridge. I have a photo of my 'skinny' self on there for modivation...
Post a Comment