Friday, December 4, 2009

I Have A New Addiction


Thanks to last weekend I am now addicted to weekends away. Last weekend was such a big deal because I have not been away for years! The A Word had a lot to do with that, but I was also shocked that The Boy and I had been together for so long and we hadn't even had a mini break together. How did that happen? And weekends spent in the Hunter Valley with his parents I do not consider a mini break. I find those highly stressful, noisy and full of country music songs that I don't know the words to.

So this week I have spent too much time surfing the web making a massive list of all the places we can stay at. I have covered the areas of Port Stephens, Hunter Valley (won't be telling his parents about this), Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury River, South Coast and the Southern Highlands. Yes I am addicted. However, the fact that we stayed at such a nice place, I think it was 4.5 star, doesn't help because I honestly feel I cannot accept anything less than that. Yes I am a Princess, but after the experience of the double spa I could not imagine a weekend away without one. It was so much better than getting a massage to work the knots out of my back. And of course there was the sparkling and cheese plate on arrival, which I will expect every time now (unless the cheese was replaced with chocolate).

We are already planning the next one, in Feb after all the kids are back at school, and I have even pulled out a clean pasta jar to start the "Holiday Fund". I have been bitten and there is no going back. As I sit here I just keep thinking, "This time last week I was going away." Although I won't be hitting the coast this weekend it is still going to be just as amazing, spending time with lots of wonderful people, just the way weekends should be spent.

The Boy took the photo above, he is great at taking photos, I took the ones below, clearly a huge drop in quality but that is ok, he takes the photos and I do the words, perfect team :)

The Bedroom complete with very plush bedding and a tv and dvd player. Loving the feature wall and want to have something like that once we have our own place.

The double spa. And yes that is The Boy (aka Frank Spencer) pouring Sparkling into a wine glass because he kinda broke the champange flute. I left it on the bench, well away from the edge but he still managed to knock it over. That's my boy and I love him.

Could someone please tell me why I cannot wake up to this every day?

4 comments:

Fifi said...

awww..noice :o)

Anonymous said...

Man I want that breakfast!

Chantel said...

Awwwww what a lovely place to stay! My gosh, I do love a good spa. That breakfast looks so lovely and oh how I love cheese.... just sounds like the perfect weekend!

I think short getaways are really good and just what we need sometimes. I hope you and the boy get to do many more next year!

I'm always hunting around for good deals too - and the spa is a necessity! :P

Thanks for sharing the pics with us :)

Elissa said...

I honestly could go every single weekend (although, tragically I am sure the novelty would wear off). If only I had a spare $50,000 lying around....