
When The Boy and I first met all we wanted to do was spend every single minute of the day with each other. If we were not physically together then we were on the phone talking and sending each other sms's finding out as much about each other as we could. We quickly took the plunge and moved in together, and even though we were able to come home to each other, we only wanted to continue to spend as much time together as we could. Everyone told us that we were simply in "The Honeymoon Phase" and that we should enjoy it as it won't last.
We are still in it. Nearly 9 months on and I am more than happy to spend the evenings and weekends with my man. We do see other people, friends and family, but most of the time we do that together. In all honesty I do not see us ever leaving this "phase". We only grow more and more in love, and as we do so, we want to continue to be with each other each day, and want to share what we have with others close to us, and to do that together.
Naturally we are separated with work, but each day we send our sms's always with "love you" at the end. Of course I do need me time, and girl time, (and he needs his boy time) but as those times come to a close I am always excited knowing that I have this amazing man waiting for me at home.
On the weekend we went to stay with his parents for his brother's 21st. People who I have come to know very well since I met him were there, and they commented on just how much in love we still are with each other. On Saturday night it was time for the family photo. The Boy's mum and dad went over to his brother and The Boy stood to stand with them. As he walked away his mum yelled at the top of her voice;
"Get over here Liss, you're in this picture."
I looked at her confused.
"Get up, come on Liss." she said again.
The Boy turned, absolutely beaming and held out his hand for me. I took it and went over with him. I stood by his side in front of almost 40 people and smiled as several flashes went off.
Later while we were laying in bed (listening to all the drunks outside) I made up my "I'm in the family" song and dance. The Boy laughed at me and showered me with kisses and cuddles.
"You're one of us now." he said.
The next day as we drove home, my hand on his leg, we talked about how much stronger we had become lately and how much more in love we are.
"Have you noticed how we are still in the honeymoon phase?"
I nodded.
"Everyone keeps telling me that they can see we are as well, but I think we are always going to be in the honeymoon phase".
"I think so too baby, and I love it because it just keeps getting better and better."
He picked up my hand and kissed it and we both just sat in silence, enjoying the afternoon landscape.
To love - and all that it can be.
Image: Flickr
We are still in it. Nearly 9 months on and I am more than happy to spend the evenings and weekends with my man. We do see other people, friends and family, but most of the time we do that together. In all honesty I do not see us ever leaving this "phase". We only grow more and more in love, and as we do so, we want to continue to be with each other each day, and want to share what we have with others close to us, and to do that together.
Naturally we are separated with work, but each day we send our sms's always with "love you" at the end. Of course I do need me time, and girl time, (and he needs his boy time) but as those times come to a close I am always excited knowing that I have this amazing man waiting for me at home.
On the weekend we went to stay with his parents for his brother's 21st. People who I have come to know very well since I met him were there, and they commented on just how much in love we still are with each other. On Saturday night it was time for the family photo. The Boy's mum and dad went over to his brother and The Boy stood to stand with them. As he walked away his mum yelled at the top of her voice;
"Get over here Liss, you're in this picture."
I looked at her confused.
"Get up, come on Liss." she said again.
The Boy turned, absolutely beaming and held out his hand for me. I took it and went over with him. I stood by his side in front of almost 40 people and smiled as several flashes went off.
Later while we were laying in bed (listening to all the drunks outside) I made up my "I'm in the family" song and dance. The Boy laughed at me and showered me with kisses and cuddles.
"You're one of us now." he said.
The next day as we drove home, my hand on his leg, we talked about how much stronger we had become lately and how much more in love we are.
"Have you noticed how we are still in the honeymoon phase?"
I nodded.
"Everyone keeps telling me that they can see we are as well, but I think we are always going to be in the honeymoon phase".
"I think so too baby, and I love it because it just keeps getting better and better."
He picked up my hand and kissed it and we both just sat in silence, enjoying the afternoon landscape.
To love - and all that it can be.
Image: Flickr


2 comments:
Your relationship sounds very romantic and lovely! Mine started out in the same manner but it's cooled down now. I do hope yours lasts forever...bliss! :)
How lovely his family have welcomed you with open arms and included you with the photo. I'd feel pretty chuffed with that too!
Awww how lovely - I hope the honeymoon phase does last forever for you.
I think it is safe to say that ours is over - but I am okay with that, we have just moved into the next family phase :P
Post a Comment