
One third of the year has already flown by! I remember in January thinking about what I wanted to achieve this year and how I was going to do that and now I am already 4 months into the year and where do I stand? I'll admit I have been a little "relaxed" about what I wanted to do, because I thought, "I have all year, I can do it slowly". However I think I may have taken things a little too slowly as I am now feeling the pressure. It is good pressure though, not enough to cause stress, but just enough to make me stop and think "Ok, lets reassess what do we want this year? It is time to get serious."
I have been thinking about this for the last few days, however I have some big things happening next year, so I am going to encompass my current dreams into a 18 month period. I definitely want to have my manuscript up to publishing standard, and ideally with an agent. I want this in the next 8 months, it has been sitting around waiting to be edited for too long, I just want to get it over with. I have been going well with it lately, but I need to step it up. I need to make more time in the week to do it. I need to have the first draft finished by the end of June because my list of all the events that need to get put into the manuscript is only getting bigger and with my plans next year, I have to do it now, because I will not have time in 2010.
I also need to get serious about my health. Doctor's orders - loose 10 - 20kg for my health. I have been exercising a lot more lately, and have successfully managed to keep take away to a once a week occasion, which is great, but it is time to start tracking again with everything that goes into my mouth. My personal trainer has offered her assistance and is going to weigh me once a month with her fancy body fat scales. 2kg a month is the goal and that will give me a 16kg loss at the end of the year, and I would be more than happy with that.
The Boy and I are going to be purchasing a house and it is time that we both increased the amount we put into our deposit account and for me to also increase the amount I am putting onto my loan. We both want to enter the mortgage debt free. It is time for me to begin tracking every single cent that I am spending so I can find the leaks and be able to have more money to put away. I can very comfortably be debt free within 12 months and still have my hair done and buy shoes.
Even though these are the big things, there a lot of little things as well. Things that I keep talking about doing, but just leave out the "doing" part. Like learning to dance, and making new friends, and finally dealing with all the mounting paperwork. It is time to sort out The Penthouse, and actually give everything a home, and just finish off those last few jobs that always get left when you move house. The ones that fall into the "I'll do it next weekend" pile. It is time to do them, and time to make our little haven more personal, actually print those pictures of us and family, buy the frames and put them on the wall.
It is time to stop planning how I want my life to be and actually start living the life that I want. No more putting off things, now is the time to make time for the little steps that will add up to my dreams and just do them. My favourite quote, and I am not sure who said it, but it is: Your short term actions multiplied by time equal your long term accomplishments. I love that quote and I try to remember that when I am struggling to edit, or craving chocolate or standing in front of another black top that I really don't need.
I will do all this, but I will also remember to live in the moment, and to enjoy the process and enjoy each day and be grateful for it. And if something comes along that wasn't planned for I am going to just jump in and enjoy the ride.
Image: Flickr
I have been thinking about this for the last few days, however I have some big things happening next year, so I am going to encompass my current dreams into a 18 month period. I definitely want to have my manuscript up to publishing standard, and ideally with an agent. I want this in the next 8 months, it has been sitting around waiting to be edited for too long, I just want to get it over with. I have been going well with it lately, but I need to step it up. I need to make more time in the week to do it. I need to have the first draft finished by the end of June because my list of all the events that need to get put into the manuscript is only getting bigger and with my plans next year, I have to do it now, because I will not have time in 2010.
I also need to get serious about my health. Doctor's orders - loose 10 - 20kg for my health. I have been exercising a lot more lately, and have successfully managed to keep take away to a once a week occasion, which is great, but it is time to start tracking again with everything that goes into my mouth. My personal trainer has offered her assistance and is going to weigh me once a month with her fancy body fat scales. 2kg a month is the goal and that will give me a 16kg loss at the end of the year, and I would be more than happy with that.
The Boy and I are going to be purchasing a house and it is time that we both increased the amount we put into our deposit account and for me to also increase the amount I am putting onto my loan. We both want to enter the mortgage debt free. It is time for me to begin tracking every single cent that I am spending so I can find the leaks and be able to have more money to put away. I can very comfortably be debt free within 12 months and still have my hair done and buy shoes.
Even though these are the big things, there a lot of little things as well. Things that I keep talking about doing, but just leave out the "doing" part. Like learning to dance, and making new friends, and finally dealing with all the mounting paperwork. It is time to sort out The Penthouse, and actually give everything a home, and just finish off those last few jobs that always get left when you move house. The ones that fall into the "I'll do it next weekend" pile. It is time to do them, and time to make our little haven more personal, actually print those pictures of us and family, buy the frames and put them on the wall.
It is time to stop planning how I want my life to be and actually start living the life that I want. No more putting off things, now is the time to make time for the little steps that will add up to my dreams and just do them. My favourite quote, and I am not sure who said it, but it is: Your short term actions multiplied by time equal your long term accomplishments. I love that quote and I try to remember that when I am struggling to edit, or craving chocolate or standing in front of another black top that I really don't need.
I will do all this, but I will also remember to live in the moment, and to enjoy the process and enjoy each day and be grateful for it. And if something comes along that wasn't planned for I am going to just jump in and enjoy the ride.
Image: Flickr


2 comments:
Good luck! I hope you achieve everything you want :)
You've got lots of awesome stuff coming up :) I too had a debt I wanted to tackle (and I still am) and so I started tracking my spending this year. I wrote about it, you might find this helpful.
http://creative--hands.blogspot.com/2009/03/making-changes.html
and
http://creative--hands.blogspot.com/2009/01/saving-change.html
I like the quote! Goodluck with everything! x
Post a Comment