It was my birthday recently and The Boy surprised me with a lovely little holiday (hence my AWOL) but I am back now and all fired up. We have spent a lot of time in the last two weeks on the Central Coast from Pearl Beach up to Caves Beach asking ourselves "Is this our new home?". It is official, we are doing what I thought I would NEVER do, and moving to the Central Coast next year.
Ah!! What am I turning into? First I start cooking, then start actually decorating the Penthouse, and now, little Miss Sydney Born and Breed Princess is going to move out of Sydney and live on the Central Coast. How did I end up here?
Well I suppose the fact that someone upstairs thought it would be very funny for the man of my dreams to be a country boy born and breed and having him fall madly in love with a born and breed city girl. He loves fresh air, open space, no traffic and polite people. I however love being busy, having lots of people around, and knowing there is always something to do and there is always something open. The Central Coast seems to be the perfect compromise. Not too busy, not to quiet, fresher air, a decent amount of people, and open spaces at the beach.
The other factor in making this decision is money. Realistically we do not want to buy into the grossly over priced Sydney property market and pay off a mortgage for 30 years, we would rather do it in 10. For the same amount of money you can get a semi decent 3 bedroom unit in Sydney, or a lovely 4 bedroom spacious house on the coast. The Boy works on the Central Coast so if we did buy in Sydney it would have to be somewhere North of the Bridge which just adds several more hundred thousand dollars to the price.
In all honesty even though I pride myself in being a total city girl, I will admit I am happy to leave. Since I met The Boy he has shown me that yes, there in fact life beyond this city of mine, and actually it isn't so bad. The air really is fresher, it tastes better, there is less traffic, and the best thing of all, people behind a counter at a shop actually look you in the eye, smile and say "How are you today?". Wow! That never happens in Sydney!
So 2010 is now all about moving to the Central Coast (oh, and the wedding), I told The Boy that if we are going to do this then I would like to be no more than a 5 minute car trip to the beach. I ain't leaving this city to be stuck in the middle of nowhere. He agreed and I am excited to know I could soon be doing my runs along the beach, and that we could go for romantic walks along the sand whenever we felt like it. So for the remainder of this year, aside from planning a wedding, finishing my manuscript, paying off my debt and loosing 10kg I now (along with The Boy) need to decide, which of the 20+ beaches on the Central Coast we will move to. How am I going to work this out in only 7 months?
Ah!! What am I turning into? First I start cooking, then start actually decorating the Penthouse, and now, little Miss Sydney Born and Breed Princess is going to move out of Sydney and live on the Central Coast. How did I end up here?
Well I suppose the fact that someone upstairs thought it would be very funny for the man of my dreams to be a country boy born and breed and having him fall madly in love with a born and breed city girl. He loves fresh air, open space, no traffic and polite people. I however love being busy, having lots of people around, and knowing there is always something to do and there is always something open. The Central Coast seems to be the perfect compromise. Not too busy, not to quiet, fresher air, a decent amount of people, and open spaces at the beach.
The other factor in making this decision is money. Realistically we do not want to buy into the grossly over priced Sydney property market and pay off a mortgage for 30 years, we would rather do it in 10. For the same amount of money you can get a semi decent 3 bedroom unit in Sydney, or a lovely 4 bedroom spacious house on the coast. The Boy works on the Central Coast so if we did buy in Sydney it would have to be somewhere North of the Bridge which just adds several more hundred thousand dollars to the price.
In all honesty even though I pride myself in being a total city girl, I will admit I am happy to leave. Since I met The Boy he has shown me that yes, there in fact life beyond this city of mine, and actually it isn't so bad. The air really is fresher, it tastes better, there is less traffic, and the best thing of all, people behind a counter at a shop actually look you in the eye, smile and say "How are you today?". Wow! That never happens in Sydney!
So 2010 is now all about moving to the Central Coast (oh, and the wedding), I told The Boy that if we are going to do this then I would like to be no more than a 5 minute car trip to the beach. I ain't leaving this city to be stuck in the middle of nowhere. He agreed and I am excited to know I could soon be doing my runs along the beach, and that we could go for romantic walks along the sand whenever we felt like it. So for the remainder of this year, aside from planning a wedding, finishing my manuscript, paying off my debt and loosing 10kg I now (along with The Boy) need to decide, which of the 20+ beaches on the Central Coast we will move to. How am I going to work this out in only 7 months?


1 comment:
Wow this sounds all so very exciting! I'm a country girl in the 'big smoke' and would almost love to live somewhere a little more relaxed but still close to Sydney. Sounds like the perfect compromise to me! Well done!
Post a Comment