Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It Doesn't Rain It Pours

Yes I am still alive. I am very well, stressed and mildly anxious but overall I am fantastic. With my dreams for the year I wanted to get right into it. I didn't want to stuff around and hit June and think, I really should get started on that. So I set off, maybe a little too quickly. Actually, no that is not true. I set off on the weight loss goal. I wanted to start on that, get the whole healthy eating and exercise thing a habit so that when uni started (4 weeks now....) the healthy weight goal was manageable and I could focus on the uni and from there gradually move onto the others.

The buying a house goal was probably that last thing that was going to get started. Maybe around June even. But all of a sudden it has just gone full speed ahead. I don't even know how it happened or what caused it. We decided to explore the house and land option. If we moved 20 minutes away from our desired suburb we could get a good block of land and build a brand new house for the same price. After researching the area we are now in love with it. It is very family friend (and no, I am not) and we simply traded the beach for a lake (although we plan to move to the beach down the track but I can think about that in 5-10 years time).

So then on the weekend we found ourselves at Homeworld in Kellyville, fell in love with a house and this weekend we are up to the coast to scour land. Up until the weekend all my free time was in looking at floorplans, and dreaming about them. This week it has been searching for land that is flat (if an agent sends me details to a block they have had for a year because it is virtually horizontal I will scream) and dreaming about vacant blocks of land. Now I am stressing because there is so much to do and I want to find something before uni starts so I can put my focus into that. I don't care how long it takes to build the house. It can take 2 years for all I care, as long as we find the land we are looking for in the next four weeks.

Anyway, on top of that is work. Miss T has told me she is leaving. I am very happy for her, but have no idea who will keep me sane here. So after lunch I quickly looked on seek and there it was. The job I have been searching for, for the last 6 months. Right there, right in front of me, located in the very suburb we are looking for the land.

I am sure this post is coming across rushed and rambled and scattered, which, unfortunately, is my head space right now. Time for me to go, I have to polish the CV and focus my attention on an outstanding cover letter. Hopefully then I can clear my head and get back to being just me, doing what I want, when I want, and using the internet for fun, and if I never see the dimensions for a block of land again I will be very happy.

7 comments:

Karls said...

That is AWESOME! Funny how everything seems to start rolling then starts gathering momentum until it's running down the hill and you're madly chasing after it (well that's how it feels anyway). If you need someone to look over your CV and give you some tips, feel free to email me - there's a link on my blog. I used to write CV's back in my copywriting days to help pay the bills. Congrats again love! How exciting! Hope it all comes together smoothly!

A Healthier Happier Me said...

HI Elissa,

I'm de lurking here, but wanted to let you know i live on the coast, so if there is anything you need a hand with please leave me a comment on my blog.

Congratulations on finding the right job... fingers crossed for you.

-Jac

carly said...

oh wow! thats awesome.

we might be closer in suburbs once the boyfriend and me buy too! {next year if everything goes savingly}. hehe.

i was just thinking. we should catch up for a training session here and there. of course only if you wanted to. i seem to workout better when there is someone with me.

just a thought.

xx

Kate @ Loving Life said...

Sounds positive! Good luck!
Kate :)

Anonymous said...

oh wow, its all happening now. Good luck in keeping it all together - its all happening for a reason.

Anonymous said...

If life slows down for you I have left an award for you at my place.

Kristy said...

I tagged you: http://grumbles-me.blogspot.com/2010/02/beautiful-grumble.html