The first thing we are going to do when we buy our first house, the very first thing, is to install solar heating panels. Thank you very much Energy Australia for our $500 electricity bill. A rather large amount considering; it is only for a three month period; we live in a unit; we both work full time outside the home; I only use the dryer once a fortnight at the most! Apparently back in July you had a 21% increase in price. 21%!! Isn't that a bit much? That is a HUGE jump in price, and why? Have you given us a reason to justify a whopping 21%? So thank you, just when we were getting ahead, just when I was really chowing down on my debt and just when The Boy and I were making some real progress with our savings account. Thank you very much.
Just give it time, before you realise it you'll be writing us cheques, and when you do, I hope the next time you have a 21% increase you will pass on the profits to us who will be creating the electricity for you to continue to rip people off with!
Just give it time, before you realise it you'll be writing us cheques, and when you do, I hope the next time you have a 21% increase you will pass on the profits to us who will be creating the electricity for you to continue to rip people off with!


4 comments:
We are being freaky again.
Ken and I got our powerbill - I nearly died - $505!! I couldn't believe it.
Which is why my clothes were on the line this weekend...LOL
It sucks - I soooo feel your pain.
I waited until the bill was overdue until I paid it because I just didn't want to fork out the money. I put it on my credit card yesterday (it was due on the 10th). Had extra motivation when my friend got her gas cut off because she forgot the bill. I didn't want to come home to no power...
Haha, ooOoo paid a bill 5 days late. I'm such a rebel.
Hoooooooooly cow... and holy cow yet again.
Note that this is from someone who has a lot of trouble using the s* word. Can't believe you both got bills for half a grand.
Who is your provider? I'm with AGL and they did send out a letter about an increase a few weeks back, it does work out to 21%. Right in the middle of winter, bastards!
I spent the winter freezing and thinking of the reaction I did NOT want to have upon seeing the next power bill, lol. Mine only arrived a couple of days ago, and it's not too bad, thankfully - a bit more than 2x the previous one, and the previous one only covered 50 days, part of which nobody was here, while this one is for 90 days.
That is a lot! Ours was 450 for 3 months - but I'm at home all day and Zoe has her oil heater on every night. So it was expected. Our gas bill was 350 - that hurt a little since it used to be about 150 - but again me using gas heating and running baths for Zoe. Oh well.
Post a Comment