Friday, June 5, 2009

Out Of Reach


I am feeling much better today, headache free and once 5pm rolls around I will be feeling fantastic. The Boy and I had originally planned to take The Bus up the coast. The Bus is an old private school bus that seated about 12 people. His parents a few year ago bought it and converted it into a campervan. It sleeps 4 with two bunk beds, has a fridge, freezer, kettle and even a microwave. It even has a power cord that you can plug in at camping sites (can you tell I'm not a camper).

However, for the last 2 months, every weekend The Boy and I have either travelled or had people over to be entertained, and we all know how much work that can be. So we thought about it. If we took the bus to the coast, what does that entail? Firstly it means taking three times as long to make it up the coast because every other person in Sydney will be trying to get out as well. It also means organising all the food we will eat and buying it before we leave. It means packing everything we need. Finally once we get there we will be sharing a camping ground with hundreds of other people and will struggle to have any alone time.

So on closer inspection of this "great idea" we have decided that we are going to have our own mini holiday at home. As of midnight tonight all the phones are to be switched off, all computers off and the internet disconnected. None of these to return back on until Tuesday morning. We will be out of reach for the whole weekend. We will be buying food and renting DVD's tonight and locking the door to do whatever we please for three whole days. If we want to go out we will, but just the two of us, no one else.

I will return on Tuesday, I hope you all have a fabulous long weekend and spend it with the ones you love.

Image: Flickr

1 comment:

Chantel said...

Sounds wonderful! I hope Ken and I can do this soon too :)