Thursday, September 24, 2009

Anniversary Weekend


Almost two weeks ago The Boy and I celebrated our anniversary with an entire weekend. Nothing was planned, except dinner on Saturday night, however that was up to him to organise and surprise me with. Otherwise the entire weekend was ours to do what we wanted, with no interruptions or people or phone calls.

Friday night was our typical Friday night of take away and chillin on the couch watching DVD's. We do this until I doze off on his lap and then hit the sack. The next day I was up early to go the hairdressers. I was due to go and "refresh" my newly brunette hair and thought I would make it that day so I had lovely hair for dinner. The Boy came and picked me up from there and took me off to the shops. He treated me to Yum Cha for lunch at our favourite place, where they know us and give us the best table closest to the kitchen so we can have the first choice from the trolleys. Then we walked around the shops in a loved up haze. After lunch we came home and chilled out briefly before heading off to Bunnings. I wanted more gardening stuff, it is turning into an addiction now. So we did that and then decided to go to the beach for ice cream.

We sat and talked and walked down into the sand and then my phone went off. I was not happy, everyone knew the rules, not to contact us this weekend. It was an sms from my mum informing us we had inherited the dyson. She went out and bought a new one so we could have her old one. Apparently she wanted to get a smaller one, but I think she was sick of us coming around and borrowing it all the time. Of course it is only really on loan, because, as she informed me, my brother will want it when he moves out. I told her if he moves out I will pay for the removalists (I am guessing he won't be moving out before 40).

After that we came home and got ready. I didn't have a dress, but it didn't matter. I wore the same jeans (although, kinda a slightly bigger size - opps) as I did on our first date, a black top, and the same cherry half cardigan. The Boy loved it. And to top it off, the restaurant he picked was the one we went to on our first date (bliss). The place had expanded so our table from our first date no longer existed, but otherwise it was like stepping back in time. Of course on our first date all we had were mains, because I was so nervous I couldn't eat, and I barely ate anything but this time we did the whole three course meal. Our mains were the same as our first date mains and we simply sat, staring into each other's eyes, reminiscing about the past, our first date and those first few months. Towards the end of the meal I asked him what he thought about the next 12 months. We briefly discussed where we thought we would be and he did surprise me with one thing that he said, I was left gob smacked. I'll let you know if it happens....

The next day we just pottered about like an old married couple, a little bit of gardening, cleaning, but mostly just chillin on the lounge not really watching DVD's and talking or being stupid. All in all a perfect weekend. Naturally there were gifts. I gave him a leather wallet and a red photo album full of pictures from the last 12 months but with room at the end to add more. He gave me a beautiful pink sapphire and diamond pendant in the shape of a heart complete with a new gold chain. I really am the luckiest girl in the world.

Yummy Money Bags for Entree


Beef with Satay Sauce for Main

Banana Flower for Main (yes it is weird, but once I had this many years ago I was hooked)

Toblerone Ice Cream Pyramid for Dessert

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time - and the meal looks fantastic!

K not Kay said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. :) Congratulations!

Chantel said...

Awwwww that sounds like such a nice weekend!

How is your gardening coming along and your seedlings?

Your pendant is lovely! Something to treasure :)

I've never heard of the banana flower - it does look nice. So does that Toblerone Ice Cream... :)

So glad you had such a nice time

Kylez..aka...Mrs.P! said...

OMG! that Toblerone Ice Cream looks divine!

So glad you had a lovely weekend, and congrats for the anniversary!