Some days you just feel blah, inside you want to do something meaningful, but not quite enough to actually do anything about it. Today is one of those days. I want to blog, but I just don't quite have it in me to do a decent post. So this is a post about nothing (very rare indeed) it might lead to something, it might not. I wanted to post about my romantic anniversary weekend, but the photos are still in the camera. So I thought I would post an update about our little veggie garden, but my green thumb has taken the day off and I really cannot be bothered to write about gardening.
I'm currently at work all alone with nothing to do, nothing aside from the work that I do when I don't actually have any work to do. I am tired, perhaps that is why. I had a late night last night. It was the finale of The Farmer Wants A Wife so I had to watch the two hours of that. I needed closure. It was good, I had never watched the show before but was hooked within the first five minutes. I think The Boy has something to do with it, being a country boy himself. Country boys are so sweet and lovely and caring, they have such a manly charm. I think if I watched the show and I was single I would definitely apply for the next season. Fortunately I have already landed myself a country boy, I just don't know where the sheep and cattle are.
Not really that motivated to do work either. I haven't discussed work for a few months now, not since my huge rant. I stopped because I suspected that someone at work found my blog, however, I think now that it was because one of the two people I have a rant too, "dobbed" me in. I know which one it was, she has done it once before, but I always give people the benefit of the doubt and a second chance. She has since blown that and I know I cannot trust her anymore. Fortunately she is working off site now for a few months.
Shortly after my rant to her I was called in for a "chat". At this stage The Boy and I were planning on moving anyway so I had nothing to loose and I told them everything I was feeling and was completely honest about it. I was told it would be taken on board and they would get back to me. They never got back to me but things have definitely changed and it is a lot better now. I changed my attitude a little too, I found all the good things about this job and focused on that. It is not a career for me, but it is what I need right now and in the short-medium term. We have a plan, just don't know how much of that will come to fruition next year.
So here I am sipping my coffee and feeling blah, lack of sleep, lack of career and probably also conversation with FMIL. The Boy had the conversation with her, not me, I just listened. His brother won't be coming down here (happy dance) but it does seem that he is starting to get his life together, so he is in the clear and not being picked on, and because his sister just produced another grandchild for them she is not getting picked on, which means it is time to pick on The Boy. Some unkind things were said, just little, subtle things, I don't care if she didn't mean it, if she was saying them to his face I would have said something. Just stuff to guilt him, but he is standing strong. He was able to let it go after he hung up on her, but it is still bothering me.
Ok, I have clearly rambled enough now, could I call this a Seinfeld Post? Time to finish the coffee and pull myself away from blogger and do some work and listen to some motivational recordings and get happy and get a little active. I won't achieve anything by just sitting here watching the clock and seeing life move on without me.
BTW - the picture is of our seeds - we have life!
I'm currently at work all alone with nothing to do, nothing aside from the work that I do when I don't actually have any work to do. I am tired, perhaps that is why. I had a late night last night. It was the finale of The Farmer Wants A Wife so I had to watch the two hours of that. I needed closure. It was good, I had never watched the show before but was hooked within the first five minutes. I think The Boy has something to do with it, being a country boy himself. Country boys are so sweet and lovely and caring, they have such a manly charm. I think if I watched the show and I was single I would definitely apply for the next season. Fortunately I have already landed myself a country boy, I just don't know where the sheep and cattle are.
Not really that motivated to do work either. I haven't discussed work for a few months now, not since my huge rant. I stopped because I suspected that someone at work found my blog, however, I think now that it was because one of the two people I have a rant too, "dobbed" me in. I know which one it was, she has done it once before, but I always give people the benefit of the doubt and a second chance. She has since blown that and I know I cannot trust her anymore. Fortunately she is working off site now for a few months.
Shortly after my rant to her I was called in for a "chat". At this stage The Boy and I were planning on moving anyway so I had nothing to loose and I told them everything I was feeling and was completely honest about it. I was told it would be taken on board and they would get back to me. They never got back to me but things have definitely changed and it is a lot better now. I changed my attitude a little too, I found all the good things about this job and focused on that. It is not a career for me, but it is what I need right now and in the short-medium term. We have a plan, just don't know how much of that will come to fruition next year.
So here I am sipping my coffee and feeling blah, lack of sleep, lack of career and probably also conversation with FMIL. The Boy had the conversation with her, not me, I just listened. His brother won't be coming down here (happy dance) but it does seem that he is starting to get his life together, so he is in the clear and not being picked on, and because his sister just produced another grandchild for them she is not getting picked on, which means it is time to pick on The Boy. Some unkind things were said, just little, subtle things, I don't care if she didn't mean it, if she was saying them to his face I would have said something. Just stuff to guilt him, but he is standing strong. He was able to let it go after he hung up on her, but it is still bothering me.
Ok, I have clearly rambled enough now, could I call this a Seinfeld Post? Time to finish the coffee and pull myself away from blogger and do some work and listen to some motivational recordings and get happy and get a little active. I won't achieve anything by just sitting here watching the clock and seeing life move on without me.
BTW - the picture is of our seeds - we have life!


2 comments:
Yay...life! I was wondering how they were going. Good job :)
I watched all of farmer wants a wife - I loved it and I would like to marry one of them too if I were single. They are just seem to be everything I have always wanted.
I'm sorry you are feeling blah. Doesn't sound like the chat with FMIL went very well.
*hugs*
I look forward to hearing about your romantic weekend when you're up to it - hope it was fabulous! :)
I hope when you leave work today and go home, you'll feel much better and tomorrow will be a better day for you too x
Hope the 'blah' feelings stop soon for you. I'm glad that your work isn't as bad as used it to be.
Yay for seedlings :D
Post a Comment