
Last weekend when mum and I were out at the shops on Operation Secret Project, we found ourselves in the women's fashion section at David Jones. Mum has a wedding coming up and wanted to buy a new dress for the occasion. As she tried the dress on, I wandered around and found a beautiful pink dress over at the plus section. As soon as I saw it I knew I needed a new dress for this weekend so I could surprise The Boy by looking absolutely stunning for dinner on Saturday night. I went to try the dress on and it looked great, but it was way too big for me. That is the wonderful thing about my body at the moment. I am about 5-10kg too big to wear "normal" clothes, and 5-10kg too small to get into the plus size clothing. Hence why I have avoided shopping for clothes for so long.
While I didn't get the dress I did pick up the catalogue and tried to get the smaller size online, however they had sold out. The brand was Sara and it was then I realised it belong to Ezibuy. I know this brand because mum used to order a lot from it when I was a teenager. So to me, it has always been a place for older women to buy clothes. However, I did have some time on my hands and did a little searching and found about ten dresses I could see myself in. I decided I would buy one, I thought that a lovely new dress to mark this occasion was in order, and once that decision was made I just had to find the right dress.
After about half an hour I had eliminated my choices down to the one above. I felt it was the best dress to flatter my current shape and I really liked the colours in it. And, let's be honest here, I really felt my best assets would look amazing in them, and I have to give The Boy something to drool over right? I looked up the measurements and felt good about it, so I placed the order.
I had a choice, I could choose to pay the $9.90 for standard delivery, or $14.90 for priority. Standard was to be 5 working days. I was ordering the dress on Monday and given I am still trying to get ahead with my money, I naturally picked the standard delivery. Well, I have learnt something, the priority would have been worth the extra $5.00 because now I am dress-less! My dress has not arrived, I clearly will not receive it till next week, which is really a little late. So now I am being punished for being "careful" with my money. Or perhaps because I should have been more careful and not ordered the dress in the first place because at the end of the day, I still don't have it, and will have to wear something from my current wardrobe anyway!
All I can say is that the dress better look amazing on me, otherwise I will return it and would have paid $20 for the experience of trying on a dress. So far not liking buying clothes online (yes this was my first online clothing experience, and I can see now why I never did it before - too much effort and too much trouble!). So I am back to square one, which is, what do I wear for our anniversary dinner on Saturday night? Do I go for the black skirt and top combo? Or do I take a trip down memory lane with the dark jeans and a black top with my cherry half sleeve cardi which is what I wore for our first date? Decisions, decisions.
I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend, make sure you tell someone you love them, I know I will be. Don't forget to enter my give Giveaway.
While I didn't get the dress I did pick up the catalogue and tried to get the smaller size online, however they had sold out. The brand was Sara and it was then I realised it belong to Ezibuy. I know this brand because mum used to order a lot from it when I was a teenager. So to me, it has always been a place for older women to buy clothes. However, I did have some time on my hands and did a little searching and found about ten dresses I could see myself in. I decided I would buy one, I thought that a lovely new dress to mark this occasion was in order, and once that decision was made I just had to find the right dress.
After about half an hour I had eliminated my choices down to the one above. I felt it was the best dress to flatter my current shape and I really liked the colours in it. And, let's be honest here, I really felt my best assets would look amazing in them, and I have to give The Boy something to drool over right? I looked up the measurements and felt good about it, so I placed the order.
I had a choice, I could choose to pay the $9.90 for standard delivery, or $14.90 for priority. Standard was to be 5 working days. I was ordering the dress on Monday and given I am still trying to get ahead with my money, I naturally picked the standard delivery. Well, I have learnt something, the priority would have been worth the extra $5.00 because now I am dress-less! My dress has not arrived, I clearly will not receive it till next week, which is really a little late. So now I am being punished for being "careful" with my money. Or perhaps because I should have been more careful and not ordered the dress in the first place because at the end of the day, I still don't have it, and will have to wear something from my current wardrobe anyway!
All I can say is that the dress better look amazing on me, otherwise I will return it and would have paid $20 for the experience of trying on a dress. So far not liking buying clothes online (yes this was my first online clothing experience, and I can see now why I never did it before - too much effort and too much trouble!). So I am back to square one, which is, what do I wear for our anniversary dinner on Saturday night? Do I go for the black skirt and top combo? Or do I take a trip down memory lane with the dark jeans and a black top with my cherry half sleeve cardi which is what I wore for our first date? Decisions, decisions.
I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend, make sure you tell someone you love them, I know I will be. Don't forget to enter my give Giveaway.
Image: Ezibuy


2 comments:
That sucks! I hope it looks good on when you finally do get it.
I vote for taking a trip down memory lane if you are still deciding on what to wear. Have fun!
What a bugger! Oh I'd be dissapointed each time I checked the mail all week! I'm sure he will appreciate the dress when it does arrive and sees you in it! :)
I think you should wear what you wrore on your first date - it sounds really cute and as you say, will be a trip down memory lane.
Oh, what a wonderful weekend you are going to have! I hope it's really romantic and you have a grea time. Can't wait to hear about how it goes and what you get from The Boy.
Post a Comment