Yesterday The Boy and I went up the freeway to visit his parents. It was an amazing day and we both had a lot of fun. I took a few pics to show you just a glimpse of it all, and I will do another post about it later. Enjoy

A trip to Maccas on the way, we left at 7:45am on a Sunday so by half way up the freeway we both needed a coffee and I needed to eat breakfast which was an English muffin with jam. It is surprisingly easy spreading jam on a muffin doing 110 km/h.

I just love driving early in the morning, the feeling of anticipation about what the day may bring, but also a little bit of impatience as you want to ask, "Are we there yet?"

This is The Boy's brother's dog, Brandy, who greeted us at the door. After his brother left, The Boy 'inherited' Brandy, and once The Boy left she was left with his parents. She is a very loyal and playful dog, and approves of me as being the main woman in The Boy's life (something no one else has achieved....)

This is the view from his parent's back yard. They have all these wonderful gum trees at the back, while being surrounded by farms and several km's away there is national park. It is the perfect place for a picnic.

This is to the right of their house, more grazing land. Not many neighbours at all and plenty of fresh country air which my lungs were very grateful for.

We decided to go to Morpeth for lunch, I love Morpeth and the Hunter River provides a stunning backdrop.

As you can see it was a very very windy day, my hair was going everywhere, I was convinced I looked awful and I was very thankful for the warm clothes I put on.

This is
Morpeth Bridge. To be honest I don't really get the whole fascination with Old World engineering, but I can appreciate the beauty in this bridge and driving over it definitely takes you back in time.

This is The Boy's car. The car that he bought (before he met me) and restored and did what boys do to cars. He is going to sell it (totally his decision, I had nothing to do with it, I am actually starting to grow fond of this car even though driving in it scares me and has me screaming to get out) and I have assured him, that once we have made some significant progress in our mortgage then he can buy another one.

A view I could get used to, you certainly do not see sunsets like this in Sydney.
2 comments:
Looks like you had a really great Sunday. Looking forward to part 2.
The scenery looks lovely :)
Post a Comment