Thursday, June 11, 2009

Did I Overreact?

You cannot chose your neighbours, but I wish you could. Ever since Day 1 we have had problems with, hmmm lets call her Mrs B (I am sure you can imagine which 5 letter word the B stands for). On Day 1 we were blocking the driveway for about 20 minutes to get some stuff in. Mrs B was not happy as she wanted to move her car. The Boy politely asked if we could have ten minutes to finish the job. She didn't want to give us that. She went on about how we are not "allowed" to block the driveway. The Boy pointed out to her that at one stage she moved in and likely blocked the driveway. Future Mother In Law (FMIL) then emerged and told the woman that she could wait or she could get her car out as there was enough room it would just depend on how skilled a driver she was.

Since that time there have been other issues, like the fact that we have possums in the roof. I don't know how but whenever body corporate get involved she has to get in on the act to, and decided to accompany the tradie to look at our roof. I opened the door and she let herself in, through the living area and opened the back door as if it was her own unit. It is my mum's and at the time she was in hospital and I didn't want to create drama while mum was unwell, otherwise I would have told Mrs B to go shove it.

Just over a week ago The Boy's parents and his brother left to go on a holiday to the USA. They are gone for 2.5 weeks. They live in the country and naturally, needed to catch a plane from Sydney airport. They asked if they could come down, stay the night and have us drive them to the airport. Of course we told them this was fine. So they did just that. We left their car in the visitors carpark. After all, they are visitors, and it was only for 2.5 weeks. We have been there for several months now and no one else uses the visitors carpark. Except one person. Mrs B, who has a BMW down there with a note on it "Unit # Car Broken Down". According to mum it has been there for over a year. Usually when a car breaks down you get it fixed in a short space of time.

So today, I was a little lazy and didn't organise lunch before I left. So I thought I would go home and have it and save my wallet and waist from take away. I parked in the visitors to save time as we have an manual garage. There was a note on FMIL's car.

"Can you please call Mrs B of Unit # on 0401 ### ### re: parking in the visitors carpark. Thanks".

I was fuming. No one wants to upset a family member when they have to deal with me. You just don't want to go there. So I pulled the note off, got out my pink pen and wrote on the note.

"Staying 2 weeks. Mind your own business! Thanks".

Yes I could have slipped the note under her door, but lets recall another incident. The Boy's car, his RX7 which he brought down to sell and he put it in the garage. We took it out a few times, always during the day, the latest we came home was maybe 10pm on a Friday night. Yes the car makes noise, but we never disturbed people in the early hours of the morning. The car is clearly sitting in our garage. You know, the one with our unit number sitting in the middle of the garage door for EVERYONE to see. Well, Mrs B wasn't happy. Perhaps we disturbed her menopausal nap one time, she decided to leave a note on the COMMUNITY NOTICE BOARD saying:

"To the owner, of the yellow mazda. Please be aware that noise pollution is taken seriously by the body corporate...... ..... NSW Police have the power to enforce these laws."

Hmmmmm I wonder who the owner is? Maybe US considering it is in OUR GARAGE??

So if Mrs B wants to play dirty, so will I. I stuck my reply on the community notice board. Was that wrong? I know you all would want me to take a picture of it and I tried, but the battery died in my camera. I took a picture with my phone, hopefully it turns out ok, I will try and post it when I get home.

So where to from here? Well I want to know what she is doing in the visitors carpark? It is at the bottom of the driveway, nothing is down there except for the car spots and her car. So how did she know FMIL's car was there for over a week? She would only know that if she was in the visitors carpark several times. So tonight The Boy and I are going to mark one of her tyres with chalk, take a picture and wait. I suspect in a few days the chalk will be gone, and we can take another picture, and if she wants to take this further, I am quite happy to slide the photos under her door. Hehe, she doesn't know who she is messing with. Honestly, who does she thinks she is?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She sounds crazy! Sorry you have to deal with the B.

Kristy said...

That's gold! Not her, you! I hope she wakes up to herself.

I agree with everything u guys are doing :)

Chantel said...

Almost every appartment block in Sydney has someone like this don't they?! I remember in my first unit we got a complaint about me driving on the lawn. I had to drive on the tiniest corner of the lawn to actually swing into the driveway!

Some people really have nothing better to do! Hope it got sorted out? ;)