After many weeks discussing what we should do and exploring all our options, we had decided we were going to move. However nothing was final until we discussed with my parents our decision. They had been away for four weeks doing a tour from Darwin to Perth and arrived back on Saturday. It was so great to see them and it really made me realise just how much I had missed them. I went around on Saturday to see them (The Boy was at work till 2pm) with my carrot cake and lemon cream cheese frosting I had made just for the occasion (and I might add I have never made frosting with cream cheese before but I loved it and will be doing in again) and we had lunch and just kept going. The Boy turned up and we gave mum her belated b'day present which she loved and then it was onto the photos. It was a great way to spend the day just with The Boy and my parents and brother and seeing all the photos they took and listening to all the stories they had.On Sunday we went out to lunch with them and when we got back home we sat at the table to discuss things. We had a very lengthy discussion and a lot was talked about and mum showed us some other possibilities we had not even thought about, and it was those that made us decide to stay. We have a definite plan for the next couple of years and I think we both feel really good about it. My shrink had told me to go with my gut, and after talking with my parents my heart was telling me to stay, and it really is the best thing for us at the moment. I could spoil everything and reveal all, but I won't. Hopefully I can have a few more answers in September.
Last night and even this morning I was thinking a lot. In the last 12 months I have really grown up. Which is interesting because I thought that I was all grown up and acting like an adult already. But I don't think I was. I think I was still holding onto my adolescence. I really have grown up so much and changed. I am still the same person at my core, but a few of my values have moved around on my list of priorities. My priorities have changed, there are something I just don't care about now, and others I do care about now that I had disregarded in the past. As a result a lot of my goals have changed, a few have even been put on hold and some are now more urgent that ever before.
For the first time I feel that I am happy and comfortable with where I am right now and were I am going. And the best thing of all is that I have an amazing man right by my side taking every new and exciting step with me. Life does not get any better than that.
Image: Flickr


3 comments:
You sound really happy about making the decision you have made, which means it must be the right one for you :)
So glad you are so happy :)
Great to hear that you have made your decision and that you are so happy with that decision. Sounds like you are in a good place right now.
So glad to read you're happy and comfortable with where you're at *now*
Reflecting back are good hey - I like looking back too and seeing how I have changed (well I have lately because it's all been good!)
Post a Comment