For jobs, in the Hunter Valley, Newcastle, Central Coast region. This doesn't mean we have decided on anything, but just in case we do decide to move, I would rather have a job to go to straight away, then sit around not know what to do with myself and spending probably too many hours with FMIL. Just the two of us. I still have that fear. The Boy is afraid that I will become best friends with her and we will both gang up on him. I would prefer that actually, a partner in crime.Anyway, so I have started looking, which means this weekend I need to spruce up my CV and update my cover letters and then start applying. This process might take a while, and I just want to put it out there, see if I get any bites. Maybe even some interviews. I'll be honest there is part of me that thinks if I get something then we are meant to move, and if I don't then we are meant to stay. I know that isn't true, we still need a lot of time to really think things through, but if I can get a few interviews and have some options, then it is only going to assist us is making the right decision I think. At least I will feel more secure if I do this.
I have mentioned this "situation" to a couple of people, just wondering what other people think. One person told me we would be downright stupid if we didn't do it and she would do it without thinking about it if she and her partner had the chance (and she is in the same situation as us, eagerly trying to buy their first place as well). The other person I mentioned it to, a woman in her early 40's, who is very wise and I could talk to her for hours (and I will mention does wonderful work on my face with her microdermabrasion machine - my one indulgence) told me "NO!" Why? Because of the potential that I might really ruin the relationship with FMIL and then The Boy would be in the middle. Then she tole me "You have to do it" after thinking about it some more because if we don't then FMIL may get offended as she doing it to help and that will just add tension to our relationship if we refuse that help, or as my darling wise friend told me "add 1 or 2 years of trying to repair the damage".
I am no closer to making a decision, but I do have more to think about. The Boy told "the boys" at work, who all told him he would be stupid to do it because I'll then become best friends with FMIL and that means he will effectively have two "mothers" telling him what to do, how to do it, and how he should be shaping the rest of his life. Personally I don't see how this is any different to our current situation ;)
So there is my weekend, more thinking, more journaling, a little job hunting and lots of quality time with The Boy.
Image: Flickr


3 comments:
Good luck making your decision.
Good luck making your decision, and with the job hunt!
You can really see all of their points being vaild ones! The main one I think is if things don't work out with the in-laws how will this effect your future down the track? It also can create a stronger bond.
I keep thinking of Maree and Deborah from Everyone Loves Raymond :P
Post a Comment