Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How Did I Do That?

Weighed in last night to discover that I lost 0.5kg. I said to The Boy in the car, that I will be celebrating if I loose 0.1kg, because I was so sure that I had gained and I was just hoping that I didn't gain the 1.4kg that I lost last week as I really did not want to be back at the start. So that means I have lost 1.9kg in two weeks. I am very happy with that. It feels good to actually be moving along and slowly just beginning to achieve my dreams and live life a little bit more.

It surprised me because I didn't go to boot camp at all last week (and won't be again, since we have moved it is just too far away now) and the only exercise I did all week was a 90 minute tennis lesson (which I loved and will have to blog about when I have the Internet at home, only 9 more days to go and counting!). I think the fact that we have finally moved and unpacked everything (well The Boy still has some of his stuff to do, but only work stuff) and that we are on the top floor with no lift has helped a lot. Food wise I did really well, that was until Friday night.

After tennis we decided to get pizza and just had to try the Chocolate Lava Cake (drooling). Then Saturday involved fish and chips and Sunday was chill out day with multiple DVD's and chocolate. The Boy decided he wanted an Easter Bunny, he decided I needed one to if he was going to have one. Meanwhile I was purchasing my own chocolate with macadamia nuts.... Needless to say it is all gone now.

I'm not stupid, I know full well that it could very easily show up next week, I also know not to push my luck, cos if I repeat it I will gain for sure. I am going to work very hard this week and get back into the exercise. The Boy and I are starting the C25K program tonight (hint hint baby) as well at the gym tomorrow, tennis Friday and maybe dancing Saturday? (another hint hint). I have for the first time in a few weeks now, finally planned the meals for the week and they are all healthy and I even cooked dinner last night to freeze for another night. I am aiming for another 0.5kg loss this week and will do everything correct. No more PMS so no chocolate this week, only hot chocolate.

It is interesting though, because I was so good during the week and I admit I was eavesdropping on my Leader talking to the member in front of me about how we have one bad day (ok so in my case 2.5) and we let that one bad day convince us that we have failed, had a bad week and therefore will gain weight. Even though we have had 6 (4.5) days of total greatness!! So maybe I need to move my meetings to a Friday one, so that I get the whole day/s of "unhelpfulness" out of the way and then go to weigh in only remembering the good stuff I did during the week.

Does anyone else struggle with weekends or is it just me? Will have to monitor weekend behaviour and report back. If this weekend is more helpful food and moving wise than last weekend that is another success and another step closer to the size 10 dream.

No comments: