Thursday, February 26, 2009

Elissa Is In Love


Yes I am in love. I have been for almost 6 months now. But today I just realised it, that I really am in love, real love, not that fake, infatuation stuff, but real love. I finally have that great love that I always dreamt about from the age of about 5. I am a hopeless romantic and even though what I wanted to do when I grew up changed constantly, the one thing that I did know, was that I wanted to be in love. Finally I am, and with a great man.

The Boy has been having dramas at work. His job has made me realise how bad men are at work. He is an engineer which is a heavily dominated male industry and hence he deals with men all the time. In summary a particular group of men are not happy with some piece of equipment and they are getting their people to speak to The Boy's people and somehow he has been the targeted one. Fortunately he is very smart and has a record of everything to show he has not done anything wrong. I personally think they are picking on him because they are threatened by him as he is relatively young and moving his way up the ranks. Anyway, this means he is stressed and not feeling all the great at the moment.

I called him this morning on his way to work and he just sounded upset and as I listened to him I became aware of pain in my heart. I was hurting because he was hurting. This is love. Real love. I felt so helpless I really didn't know what I could do to make him feel better. I came to work and I knew that something was bothering me, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

As usual, I have nothing to do at work (well very little anyway, I can turn up for 2 hours a day and get it all done) and I decided I would write The Boy a love letter. So I began, I told him just how much I love him and how much I appreciate him. I felt so much better afterwards that I was able to just write a glimmer of how I feel about him onto paper, in my own handwriting. A note for him that I will put on his pillow when I get home. I can't take the stress and pressure he has at work away from him, but I can make him feel good about himself.

After my little romantic gesture I have began planning other surprises too. We haven't had a date for so long, with the move and everything it just hasn't happened. So I am planning a few secret dates and presents for him. It really is the least I can do. He spoils me so much. Like the red roses that he bought for me on Tuesday. That was why he was late the other day, he stopped off to buy me flowers.

I love The Boy with all my heart and I am so happy and excited as we begin to live our lives together and are now just very slowly beginning to take the steps to make all our wildest dreams come true, together and forever.

No comments: