Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Welcome To My Job

I have been sitting at my desk all day, with no idea as to what to blog about. So let's talk about why I am sitting here all day surfing the web. It is because I am in a job, which is full time, but realistically it could so easily be 1 day a week, 2 tops. I therefore have a lot of spare time to do nothing but sit in front of the computer screen and search the web.

It is a basic admin job, which, two years ago served a purpose, but now I am not so sure. I am not sure what to do. I have a degree and I really should use it, but I am not sure if a "real" job is the right thing for me right now. The job is causing me a lot of anxiety at the moment because I am one of those people that needs to be busy at work. The only time I am not busy is when I am having down time, but I can't just bring in a sofa and TV to work. So I find it really frustrating. I also feel guilty that I am getting paid a very good salary (for the work there is) when all I do is surf the web and chat in forums and look up everything to do with planning a wedding (I have spent so many days looking at gowns I have already narrowed my search down to 4 designers). I feel really bad about this situation. So what do I do, do I stay or go?

The main reason for staying in the current situation is because I can really use all the free time to my advantage and do stuff with it, like get a TAFE certificate in something, or actually edit my manuscript. I haven't been though, however last week I did see my Dr and shrink and they have both told me to use my time at work for me. Just see the role as being "on call" and I am there when they need something done, otherwise I can do what I like. I have decided that this is what I should be doing right now. I really do have the perfect opportunity to finish my manuscript in a couple of months. So let's do it!

Well, yesterday everyone was in the office, so I could hardly pull out my very chunky manuscript and begin working on it. Not with the boss in, and I basically spent the day waiting for him to finish what he was doing so I could print it and have it ready for the client. Today, again I bought in my manuscript, everyone in the office, can't do it. However I get back from lunch to discover the boss if gone, I can get ready on this!! Unfortunately, however, lunch had made my toothache worse and I am in so much pain that I really don't have the patience to edit right now. Tomorrow, well I hope tomorrow I can do it. Just one page is all I need to get started.

So there we go, there is my journaling done, I have decided I will edit in all the spare time I have provided the boss is not in the office (and most of the time he isn't). So all I can do now is sit here for another 90 mins and go over and over in my head how much my toothache hurts and how I want to pain to go away. Hmmmm, this blog hasn't taken much time. I still have to go to the post office. Wonder if I can call anyone????

No comments: