
This morning I cancelled my Weight Watchers subscription. To begin with, I personally wasn't that keen on doing it. I have done it that many times before, and it just doesn't really work for me. This time a friend of mine wanted to do it, and she talked me into it. I thought I would give it another go as I was doing it with a friend. However 4 weeks in, and it just isn't happening, so I have cancelled.
I don't doubt that the program works, I just do not feel it is the right program for me at this time. So I say good bye for now, as I am sure that later on I will give it another go, but not now. In all honesty I find the program a little too restrictive, as it based on 21 points a day, that is a lot of rounding up with calories and rounding down with exercise that I find it just a little too restrictive. I am also over all the counting. Counting and measuring all day long is boring and I really don't have time for it. I don't have time for the meetings, I usually just weighed in and left. I can think of a lot of other things I would rather do on a Monday night, like Salsa dancing which The Boy and I are going to take up in May. I also do not have time to prepare my meals every single day. The Boy and I both work full time, the last thing I feel like doing when I get home is cooking a weight watchers meal. They take time and cost money. I like to come home, relax and have dinner ready in ten minutes.
Finally, I think what it also came down to was the fact that, while I would still like to loose weight, where I am right now is not bad. I am a healthy size 16. I exercise and most of the time I eat right, I am on medication where the number one side effect is weight gain, hence the 20kg increase in the last two years, but otherwise I am relatively healthy. I think I look quite good, and I think that as long as I dress for my shape, what is the problem? My Dr thinks if I just loose 5 - 10kg I will be fine, and I can do that on my own, in my own time. What is the rush? All these people in meetings get so depressed when they loose 0.3 or 0.4 as it isn't "enough". I don't need that pressure, I will get there when I want to, and go as slow as I want to. Beside, when I look in the mirror I like what I see and losing weight is only going to improve that, The Boy loves me just as I am, so what is the rush? I am going to loose weight at my own pace and do it my way. Besides, I have a lot going on this year, and my priorities are elsewhere, I am putting more time and energy into other goals, that I simply cannot put as much into my weight goal, certainly not the amount that Weight Watchers requires, and I am a peace with that.
So for now, it is back to the accuracy of Calorie King and the pleasure of Lite n Easy dinners, 10 minutes in the microwave and dinner is served. Which means I have more time to spend with The Boy, more time to spend on myself, and more time to spend on achieving my other goals, and of course a little less time spent on washing up.
EDIT - I know that two days ago I posted about how I was inspired to continue, and I was - for about 10 minutes, however something didn't feel right about it all, and I thought that feeling would pass, but it didn't, once I thought about it more I discovered that even though I do want to loose weight, I have other things in my life that I want more, and that I want to put more effort into those dreams than my weight loss.
I don't doubt that the program works, I just do not feel it is the right program for me at this time. So I say good bye for now, as I am sure that later on I will give it another go, but not now. In all honesty I find the program a little too restrictive, as it based on 21 points a day, that is a lot of rounding up with calories and rounding down with exercise that I find it just a little too restrictive. I am also over all the counting. Counting and measuring all day long is boring and I really don't have time for it. I don't have time for the meetings, I usually just weighed in and left. I can think of a lot of other things I would rather do on a Monday night, like Salsa dancing which The Boy and I are going to take up in May. I also do not have time to prepare my meals every single day. The Boy and I both work full time, the last thing I feel like doing when I get home is cooking a weight watchers meal. They take time and cost money. I like to come home, relax and have dinner ready in ten minutes.
Finally, I think what it also came down to was the fact that, while I would still like to loose weight, where I am right now is not bad. I am a healthy size 16. I exercise and most of the time I eat right, I am on medication where the number one side effect is weight gain, hence the 20kg increase in the last two years, but otherwise I am relatively healthy. I think I look quite good, and I think that as long as I dress for my shape, what is the problem? My Dr thinks if I just loose 5 - 10kg I will be fine, and I can do that on my own, in my own time. What is the rush? All these people in meetings get so depressed when they loose 0.3 or 0.4 as it isn't "enough". I don't need that pressure, I will get there when I want to, and go as slow as I want to. Beside, when I look in the mirror I like what I see and losing weight is only going to improve that, The Boy loves me just as I am, so what is the rush? I am going to loose weight at my own pace and do it my way. Besides, I have a lot going on this year, and my priorities are elsewhere, I am putting more time and energy into other goals, that I simply cannot put as much into my weight goal, certainly not the amount that Weight Watchers requires, and I am a peace with that.
So for now, it is back to the accuracy of Calorie King and the pleasure of Lite n Easy dinners, 10 minutes in the microwave and dinner is served. Which means I have more time to spend with The Boy, more time to spend on myself, and more time to spend on achieving my other goals, and of course a little less time spent on washing up.
EDIT - I know that two days ago I posted about how I was inspired to continue, and I was - for about 10 minutes, however something didn't feel right about it all, and I thought that feeling would pass, but it didn't, once I thought about it more I discovered that even though I do want to loose weight, I have other things in my life that I want more, and that I want to put more effort into those dreams than my weight loss.


No comments:
Post a Comment