
Autumn is my favourite season of all. I love the cool, crisp mornings. The sun shining and the cool air on my face. I love layering and wearing trackies and jeans and bedsocks all day long. I love wrapping myself up in a blanket and lying on the couch. I love being in the park, lying on the grass staring up at the multitude of golden leaves falling from the branches above. I love having someone I can snuggle up to and keep warm with and who will wrap his arms around me when I have forgotten my woolen jacket. I love Autumn.
I also love the fashion of the season. There is just so much to choose from. I love skirts and wearing them with thick stockings and I love knitwear, especially the natural kind, merino wool, angora, cashmere, alpaca. The silky feeling of natural fibres. I discovered Ezibuy this morning at work while I had nothing to do (and still don't). So many clothes to select. Lots of merino knits. I think my wish list is currently 10 items long. One of my favourites is this Jumper.
I also love the fashion of the season. There is just so much to choose from. I love skirts and wearing them with thick stockings and I love knitwear, especially the natural kind, merino wool, angora, cashmere, alpaca. The silky feeling of natural fibres. I discovered Ezibuy this morning at work while I had nothing to do (and still don't). So many clothes to select. Lots of merino knits. I think my wish list is currently 10 items long. One of my favourites is this Jumper.

Classic, simple, elegant and would look great with a nice black skirt or pair of jeans.
However, it is not all about clothes. It is about shoes - closed heels and boots. I kindly pointed out to The Boy yesterday, that if he was ever thinking about buying me a present in the near future, that I would love a pair of shoes. There are at least 4 that I want, and if he gets me one, that is only 3 to go, and I suppose I could buy another pair when my $950 from the government comes through.....?
Ahhhh so many things to choose from. So many things I want, so very little I need. Such a conflict here. I want all these lovely, yummy clothes and shoes, yet I need to reduce that debt that I have. Maybe I should drop into the newsagent and make a little purchase and see if there is any chance I can have both. Or maybe I could just learn to listen a little more to my head and give myself a little balance of what I want and what I should do. Because life is not about extremes, it is about balance as the changing seasons show us every year.
However, it is not all about clothes. It is about shoes - closed heels and boots. I kindly pointed out to The Boy yesterday, that if he was ever thinking about buying me a present in the near future, that I would love a pair of shoes. There are at least 4 that I want, and if he gets me one, that is only 3 to go, and I suppose I could buy another pair when my $950 from the government comes through.....?
Ahhhh so many things to choose from. So many things I want, so very little I need. Such a conflict here. I want all these lovely, yummy clothes and shoes, yet I need to reduce that debt that I have. Maybe I should drop into the newsagent and make a little purchase and see if there is any chance I can have both. Or maybe I could just learn to listen a little more to my head and give myself a little balance of what I want and what I should do. Because life is not about extremes, it is about balance as the changing seasons show us every year.


No comments:
Post a Comment