I have had an amazing week. To an outsider I am sure it would look quite typical, maybe even a little boring, but to me it was a great week. It began with having two hours of alone time at work, I had nothing to do, so I used that time to pull out the manuscript and I managed to fill in the massive gap!! I am so thrilled! There are still gaps in the manuscript, but this gap was a whole week, the most important week in the manuscript, not to mention the largest gap in the manuscript. To get that massive hurdle out of the way, felt amazing. I really feel now that I am well on my way to getting a publisher this year, I can so easily do it.
After my writing success I had the chance to pay off a substantial amount of my debt. That felt amazing, as nice as it would be to go on a massive shopping spree, I was mindful and I feel great about my action. It is so nice seeing how much the amount has come down by. It also gave me a huge boost and so much motivation to keep working on that. I can see now that it can be gone by the end of the year, and that means the only debt I will have next year is when we take up the mortgage.
On Friday I decided to jump on the scales, turns out I have lost weight!! That made me feel great as I wasn't even trying! The only change that has been made is that The Boy and I have reduced take away to once a week. I have made peace with my body and I love myself as I am, I look in the mirror now and I all I see is positive. I saw my Shrink (now down to once a month - yay!) the next day and she told me once you come to terms with how you look and accept yourself and decide to stop losing weight, is when it comes off! I am thrilled, I'm not about to start trying or anything, if I loose more great, if I don't great!
Finally, mum went in to hospital this week. The operation went really well which is fantastic she is still there and hopefully coming home on Tuesday. This meant that The Boy and I spent a lot of time this weekend at the hospital. Dad was there for most of the time we were there too. All we could do was sit and chat, and that is what we did. We spent a lot of the weekend just talking with my parents, and it was lovely. I felt it gave me so much more satisfaction doing this, than going to see a movie, or shopping. Because life is all about relationships, I have been learning this a lot lately, and the more I realise this, the less I desire material things.
I guess the lesson here is, that with a little effort, you get to achieve a little bit of success, you get a taste of it, and that then allows you to see that it is possible, that these dreams you are trying so hard to make true, really can become reality. I am just in the early stages of most of these, but all these little bits of success have made me feel amazing this week, and feel so enriched and has given me so much more motivation to continue. All I need to do is to continue achieving a little bit each week to get the dose I need to continue for the next. Life is so beautiful right now. I am truly happy.
After my writing success I had the chance to pay off a substantial amount of my debt. That felt amazing, as nice as it would be to go on a massive shopping spree, I was mindful and I feel great about my action. It is so nice seeing how much the amount has come down by. It also gave me a huge boost and so much motivation to keep working on that. I can see now that it can be gone by the end of the year, and that means the only debt I will have next year is when we take up the mortgage.
On Friday I decided to jump on the scales, turns out I have lost weight!! That made me feel great as I wasn't even trying! The only change that has been made is that The Boy and I have reduced take away to once a week. I have made peace with my body and I love myself as I am, I look in the mirror now and I all I see is positive. I saw my Shrink (now down to once a month - yay!) the next day and she told me once you come to terms with how you look and accept yourself and decide to stop losing weight, is when it comes off! I am thrilled, I'm not about to start trying or anything, if I loose more great, if I don't great!
Finally, mum went in to hospital this week. The operation went really well which is fantastic she is still there and hopefully coming home on Tuesday. This meant that The Boy and I spent a lot of time this weekend at the hospital. Dad was there for most of the time we were there too. All we could do was sit and chat, and that is what we did. We spent a lot of the weekend just talking with my parents, and it was lovely. I felt it gave me so much more satisfaction doing this, than going to see a movie, or shopping. Because life is all about relationships, I have been learning this a lot lately, and the more I realise this, the less I desire material things.
I guess the lesson here is, that with a little effort, you get to achieve a little bit of success, you get a taste of it, and that then allows you to see that it is possible, that these dreams you are trying so hard to make true, really can become reality. I am just in the early stages of most of these, but all these little bits of success have made me feel amazing this week, and feel so enriched and has given me so much more motivation to continue. All I need to do is to continue achieving a little bit each week to get the dose I need to continue for the next. Life is so beautiful right now. I am truly happy.


No comments:
Post a Comment