Sunday, March 8, 2009

Simple Life



This weekend has made me realise just how much I want a simple life. I want to move to the country and get away from Sydney. I was born and breed here and now that I am approaching 27 I have had enough. I am over all the noise, the sirens, the traffic, I hate that it takes so long to get anywhere because of all the traffic. I am over people, everywhere you go there are lots and lots of people everywhere. All in my face and making noise and getting in my way and no one has any idea on personal space.

The Boy and I went to the shops to get something. We decided to have coffee. We didn't enjoy it very much as there were multiple children screaming, and hundreds of people walking past, so much noise and so much movement, it was awful. Get me out of this place!!

I used to really like the noise of Sydney. I found comfort in knowing that there were so many people around, but now, I don't like it. I want to live on a farm and have some peace and quiet.

The Boy is a Country Boy, and when we go to his parents place there is so much peace. Everything is still and you can hear the birds. You cannot hear any cars. You look around and you see farmland and bushland and it is beautiful. The air is so clear. You go to the shops and you don't need to worry about finding a park, there are plenty of spots. There is room to move in the shopping centre, the volume of noise is right down that we can hear each other talk. You go to the bathroom and the woman walking out as you walk in actually holds the door open for you and smiles. In shock you smile and say "Thank You". That never happens in Sydney, in Sydney the woman slam the door in your face. In the country the shop assistants smile and wish you a good day, in Sydney they are too busy talking to even notice you and continue to rudely talk as they put your purchase through the cash register. I am so over this city.

I always knew deep inside I was a country girl, I had always dreamed of living on a farm when I was little, that was why I studied Agriculture at school and loved it, it was my best subject and I did exceptionally well at it. At the last minute I choose a Biology degree instead of Agriculture. I realise now that was a mistake, and plan to go back to uni next year and get that Agriculture degree. I know that was a big thing that attracted me to The Boy, that he was a Country Boy through and through.

So we have decided that next year we are moving, we are leaving Sydney and going up the coast, and into the hinterland. We are going to buy some land, I can always get another job, I can travel to uni two days a week by train, but I have had enough of Sydney. I want peace and I want a simple life. We both want space and silence. We want land and we want to get some animals and grow our own veggies. We want to live more naturally, no more eating processed rubbish, but instead, baking our own bread and making our own jam and just living a simple life. I know the peace I get when I visit his parents, and I want that, I believe that is the cure for my anxiety.

Above is a picture of a Pizza we ate at Morpeth. It was amazing, made of fresh ingredients and cooked in a real wood fire oven. I have never had pizza taste so good. The Simple Life is what I crave, and that is next years goal, to move into the country and to live a simple and peaceful life.

1 comment:

Chantel said...

Oh yes - I'm a country girl. My dad has 400 acres, and I have a sister that grows veggies for a living. Most people down here that I talk to about it don't get it. I miss home! x