Saturday, March 7, 2009

Body Love

I have decided that I am just going to live my life and put my energy into what is important at the moment. If I loose weight, great, if I don't, great. Now that I have removed the pressure off myself I actually do feel a lot lighter. I really had no idea just how much stress and worry I was putting myself through. I have gone around beating myself up for 15 years about my weight, and I am no longer going to worry about it. It feels great!! It is exciting and I just feel I have so much more time to do other things now that I am not sitting around stressing over every single thing that goes into my mouth. It is a wonderful feeling.

The only thing left to do now, is to love my body, just as it is. No more looking in the mirror and only seeing what I do not like. It is time to love all of it. The Boy tells me every day that I am sexy and that he is so attracted to me and he loves running his hands over me because he loves my body. So what is he seeing that I am not? I believe that when I look in the mirror, all I see is what is in my head, I don't really see my true reflection, it is time to see it and love it. I feel there are two things I need to do to achieve this.

I have a wonderful collection of affirmations that my shrink gave me. I laminated them but then filed them away. Well, it is time to bring them out, and they are now on the bathroom mirror, for me to look at and if I have one negative thought about my body, then I'm just going to have to read those affirmations out loud.

Secondly, it is time I dressed for my current shape. No more trying on clothes that are a little tight and buying them "for when I loose weight" I have an entire collection of clothes with the labels still on that I bought for when I lost 5kg. Some of these clothes have been around for two years. It is time to go out and buy clothes for my shape now. I haven't bought clothes for a while, because "I'm losing weight, they won't fit me in another month or two." I am embracing my shape and loving my body as of now, and that means it is time to buy clothes that fit me now. Nice clothes that flatter my shape and enhance all the wonderful curvy features that I have.

I'm not going to put my life on hold any longer for an event that may never happen and one that I don't want to force to happen. If it happens, then it happens naturally. If it doesn't, so what. I look great now and I always will. It all comes down to loving my body and that needs to start now. Did I really think that if I lost weight and became a magical size 10 that all of a sudden I would wake up and overnight fifteen years worth of hating my body would disappear just because the label on my clothes read "10"? No that wouldn't happen. I need to love my body now, and continue to love it, whether the label reads 16, 10 or 24. Because loving your body has nothing to do with size. It has everything to do with your head and your self talk and what you see in the mirror and from now on, I am only going to see the greatness and true beauty and sexiness of my body, and am only going to have positive things to say about it from now on. I love my body and I am one hot, sexy, stunning girl with enviable curves.

1 comment:

Chantel said...

I just love affimations. I'm glad you put yours out x